A Guide to the new GCSEs
This year, Year 11s sitting GCSEs in the summer term 2017 were the first group to sit the new GCSEs in English language, English literature, and maths. This guide is intended to help make sense of the changes for these students’ parents, carers and families.
GCSE Results 2017
We would like to congratulate our students on their results and thank all of the staff for their hard work in supporting our students’ achievement.
- 36% of students achieved the new 9-4 grades in English and maths
- In English: 46% of students achieved the new 9-4 grades
- In Maths: 47% of students achieved the new 9-4 grades
- In Science: 38% achieved 2 GCSEs at A*-C grades
Some amazing top grades were achieved by our students:
- English Literature: 2 Students achieved grade 9s and 8 students achieved grade 8s
- English Language: 5 students achieved grade 8s
- One student achieved a grade 8 in maths
- 8 students achieved 5+A*-A grades (this includes the equivalencies of grades 7-9 in English and maths)