Vision and Values for The Education and Leadership Co-operative Academy Trust
Vision and Values for The Education and Leadership Co-operative Academy Trust East Manchester Academy is a 11-16 High School of 950 located in the heart of East Manchester.
We have a clear mission for the Trust, to educate, inspire and empower young people to be the next generation of leaders. We are dedicated to promoting the emotional, physical and social well-being of our diverse and multi-cultural population and aspire to be a centre of excellence for the education of young women. We will teach resilience so students can achieve outstanding results and thrive in a challenging future.
The co-operative values of cooperation, self-reliance, team work, democracy and ethical approaches to business will inform our trust values. These values and principles will underpin the work of the Trust and we believe will contribute to strengthening the schools’ links with their local communities.
In particular, we are interested in raising standards of achievement through:
- working collaboratively with others, including education, business, health and sporting partners, to raise standards and opportunities.
- having honest and open relationships with all other partners, helping each other to reach common goals.
- developing a global perspective rooted in the co-operative values of self-help, self responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity.
- upholding the ethical values of integrity, honesty, fairness and responsibility.
- adopting a mutual stake-holding model where membership will be open to all involved with the school (children, parents / carers, members of the community, partners and staff).
- developing further meaningful and sustainable links with the communities served by the Academy Trust.
- promoting learning and enterprise opportunities to develop concepts of social entrepreneurship locally, regionally and globally
- sharing professional development programmes to build professional and social capital
building on positive relationships with parents
- raising the aspirations of our students and families through sustainable links with higher educational establishments in order to develop routes to economic well-being.
The Trust, through its local and wider partnerships, will work to support both schools in involving parents/carers and other stakeholders and assisting in the development of the next generation of adults who will drive our community forward and enable it to thrive. It will strive to more effectively involve both schools with their communities and vice versa.
The Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber is the largest Chamber of Commerce in the UK.. It provides first-class business support to companies of all shapes and sizes. The Chamber will be able to provide direct business support to the Trust as well as providing advice and guidance regarding work based learning for our students. The Chamber will have the economic well-being of our schools and community at the heart of its work .